Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I can't imagine

Not sure why I say that since I really do know how they feel. They- being the parents I read about (in the blog world, mostly) who have had to endure the pain of losing their precious little ones far too early.

I've cried my heart out reading about Maddie, and Sage and countless other babes who have left their marks on this earth. So little they are yet what a huge impact they have on my life, and the lives of others.

Each time I read a new blog about such sadness I find myself crying out for their parents thinking, 'Those poor parents. I can't imagine how they must feel. There has got to be something I can do. What in the world can I do to let them know I am thinking about them and keeping them in my prayers?' HA! How stupid does that sound coming from ME!? I, of all people, should know EXACTLY what to say, EXACTLY what to do. But for some reason...I don't.

Could it be because I have this awful way of bottling up my emotions? *Note to self, bottled emotions are not like fine wine...they don't get sweeter with time* I'm pretty sure one thing that I'm good at is hiding how I really feel. Scratch that...I am REALLY good at doing that. And while I am at it I will say that losing a child is NOTHING like the Lifetime movies make it seem. Maybe it's because in the movie it's not ME losing the child, but they make it look pretty dramatic and obnoxious. Sure, it's dramatic but not (okay, at least not for me-then again, that could go along with the bottled emotion thing...) fall-down-on-the-floor-kicking-and-screaming-so-bad-you-fall-in-the-grave-on-top-of-the-casket dramatic! It's more like watching it on the tv screen and being in shock thinking how in the world can the good Lord take something like that from us kind of shock!

Anyways...the whole point if this blog (if you got this far...thanks for reading the ramblings!) is that I DO KNOW HOW THEY FEEL!

Lela Marie-our sweet baby girl who went to be with the Lord (too soon!!) at just four months old.

2 comments:

Mandi said...

Well Tyra where do I start. I have known you for almost 4 and 1/2 years and in those years I have come to know a person that is so caring about other people and will put them first. I know that we have had our moments. But Tyra you always bring me back to a point where I can see the reason why I am so thankful to have you to lean on. Tyra maybe you can try and just send these other mothers messages and let them know you are thinking about them. Love you Tyra

trennia said...

Tyra,
She is beautiful...I'm sorry she didn't get to stay longer.