Thursday, September 3, 2009

Changes

Nothing major. Just some simple {yea, that's a lie!} life changes. What I mean is that it's time to get myself back in shape and eating better. No more sitting on the couch and complaining that my thighs are too wide while I eat a whole pint of ice cream. No more drinking a few cokes a day and eating anything in sight that is sweet.

Nope. No more. Okay, maybe a little here and there. Can't go all cold turkey now. It's time to bust my hiney and do something about it. I've been saying that for a couple years now. But seriously, this time I've GOT to get off my rear end and get moving. Need to find some motivation. Something to keep me going once I start. Hmmm. Still working on that one.

I am determined to prove to myself that I CAN do this. It's not about losing weight. For me it's about living a healthier lifestyle. Being able to get and stay active for my boys and get my body nice and toned again. No more baby belly.

What exactly am I going to do? Well, I don't know yet! Yea, silly I know. But I've found a GREAT website called SparkPeople and it is chock full of all kinds of goodies. Anything from nutrition {I refuse to say diet!}, fitness, accountability and so on. It's a place to get information and also a place to talk with other people who are needing the same thing in message board forum. All kinds of free videos to use as well.

Today I did the whopping six minute lower body video and let me tell you, it's gonna take a while to get used to this. I'm also thinking I might try bike riding! I've always wanted to.

That's it for today. Time to get back to drinking more water. Coke, I'm gonna miss you!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I always ask my friends how long after having a baby can I no longer use the excuse "I just had a baby?!" Well, Emme is 19 months now and I'm pretty sure that my time with that has expired. Good Luck with your changes and keep us posted!